Dental Implants in Springfield
Leaving missing, cracked, or otherwise compromised teeth untreated can lead to major dental health concerns. If you've been putting off treatment for problem teeth because of dental anxiety or are simply unaware of your options, the practice of Ryan D. Taylor, DMD, is here to help. In many ways, the success and longevity of dental implant procedures can come down to the experience and skill of the dentist providing the treatment. That's why our team has invested in extensive training and modern technology to provide you with exceptional implant services you can rely on.
We're proud to provide dental implants to residents of Springfield, Fairfax Station, Burke, and the surrounding areas. Our team is always mindful of your comfort and provides treatment with compassion and a gentle hand. We look forward to working with you to increase the function and health of your smile. Contact us today to schedule your appointment to learn more about our dental implant services!
CALL US: (703) 569-4422 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are small posts that serve as artificial tooth roots implanted into your jawbone. These posts are generally made from body-safe metals like titanium or titanium alloy and are sturdy, permanent additions to your smile. Dental implant posts offer a base that is then topped with a dental restoration like a crown, bridge, or denture, depending on your specific needs.
When discussing dental implants, we're referring to three distinct parts. These three parts are:
- The Post
- The Abutment
- The Restoration
Our dentist recommends treating missing teeth as soon as possible to avoid negative issues affecting your smile. We offer a wide array of restorative options, and our dentist will craft a personalized plan to provide services that best fit your unique situation.
Our Dental Implant Process
When you come in for your initial visit to discuss your options for dental implants, we'll begin with a thorough oral examination. We'll leverage our extensive experience and high-end imaging technology to determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure. After collecting the necessary diagnostic information, we'll present you with treatment choices designed to fit seamlessly into your smile.
We provide crowns, bridges, and dentures all customized to your implant needs, and can perform All-on-4® denture implants should you qualify for the procedure. Everyone's smiles are different, and providing effective dental implants sometimes takes pretreatment to prepare for implanting the posts. For instance, if your jawbone needs to be strengthened to support implant posts, we offer bone grafts and sinus bumps to improve the bone's ability to form a sturdy bond. Additionally, if you need extractions to make room for your new replacement tooth, we are well-prepared to remove your problem tooth.
After your smile has been prepared, you'll return to our office for the implant procedure. Once placed, your implant posts will need time to heal and properly bond to your jawbone. While you heal, your beautiful permanent restoration will be created, and when you're ready, we'll place it and ensure a seamless fit. Depending on the procedure and restoration you're receiving, you may be fitted with a temporary restoration to provide improved oral function immediately.
Top 5 Reasons Dental Implants Are Beneficial
Dental implants provide many benefits for your smile. While we always strive to repair and restore your natural teeth, implants are an effective option when extractions are required. Some of the things people enjoy about implants include:
- Aesthetically Appealing Teeth: We design dental implant-supported restorations to match the luster and appearance of your existing teeth. Our team can also coordinate cosmetic services around your new restoration. Whether you need teeth straightening with Invisalign® clear aligners or teeth whitening to boost the luster of all of your teeth before implanting your post, we're happy to help.
- Improved Oral Health & Convenience: Implant-supported restorations are great options for improving your smile because there is no need to alter nearby teeth. Your restoration rests securely on the implant post and will fit between your teeth seamlessly. These new, permanent prosthetic teeth function like natural teeth, meaning you don't have to change your life drastically to accommodate them. You can still eat your favorite foods and won't have to change your oral hygiene routine to care for them effectively.
- Promoting a Strong Jaw: The areas in your jaw where you're missing teeth can become subject to bone shrinkage. Not only does this affect the overall health of your jaw and smile, but if bone shrinkage is allowed to progress, it can cause noticeable changes in the appearance of your face. Implants provide the necessary stimulation to support your jaw, helping you avoid bone loss and maintain the shape of your face.
- Restorations with Longevity: We design dental implants to last for decades. If you practice good oral hygiene at home and regularly attend your routine checkup visits at our office, you can ensure your implant remains in good condition for life.
- Improved Speech: Missing any number of teeth can cause difficulty with speech. This difficulty can increase drastically depending on the position and number of missing teeth. Completing your smile with dental implants will help you speak clearly and precisely, which goes a long way toward improving your self-confidence in social situations.
Skilled Springfield Dental Implants
At the practice of Ryan D. Taylor, DMD, we're passionate about providing comprehensive dental implant services. From pretreatment services like extractions all the way to placing your permanent crown, we'll be your resource for tooth replacement in Springfield. We look forward to meeting you and helping you complete your smile. Contact our practice today to schedule your dental implant consultation and get your dental health back on track!
CALL US: (703) 569-4422 REQUEST APPOINTMENT